NOMINATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED THROUGH MARCH 1
To celebrate the 25th anniversary of our founding in 1994, the Weston Education Foundation (WEF) established a second teacher award – the Elizabeth W. Stokes Founder’s Award.
The Founder’s Award seeks to recognize and reward a teacher who has provided a unique or unusual experience outside the classroom to Weston students as part of the curricular experience. The Founder’s Award is named for Elizabeth W. Stokes, a long-time Weston resident who founded WEF in 1994. Recognizing the growing challenge facing administrators in finding sufficient funds to bring new technology into the Weston schools, Ms. Stokes researched alternative funding vehicles and led the effort that culminated in creating WEF.
Who May Nominate
Any Weston student or parent of a Weston student may nominate a teacher for the Founder’s Award. Self-nomination is not permitted. The deadline for nominations is March 1 of each year. The recipient will be announced during Teacher Appreciation Week in May.
The Founder’s Award is a cash gift of $1,000. The recipient will be expected to use the funds to provide similar rewarding experiences for future Weston students.
The nominee must:
- have incorporated an innovative and educational out-of-classroom experience into the curriculum
- show a demonstrated impact on one or more students because of this experience
- be a teacher in good standing and be returning to the Weston schools in the upcoming school year
How to Submit a Nomination
To submit a nomination (self-nomination is not permitted), please:
- Download the nomination form here.
- Complete the application in full.
- Deadline for nominations is March 1 of each calendar year.
- E-mail completed applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WEF will request information from each nominee following nomination.
- The WEF Grants Committee will review all nominations and submit up to three names to the WEF Board, along with its recommendation. The Board will vote on the Award prior to Teacher Appreciation Week in May.
For further information, please e-mail the Grants Committee at email@example.com.